Happy New Year, friends! 🎉🎉🎉Here are my favorite reads of 2022! As always, it was difficult to narrow it down. I read 10 novels for me, 10 middle grade novels with my 11 year old, 1 graphic novel, 4 poetry books, & 40 nonfiction books.
Last night, my daughter glanced at the book stack on my nightstand and wrinkled her brow and asked “Mom, do you ever read for fun?” I told her my goal for 2023 is to read more for fun. “Read more fiction!” she advised.
To see all 65 I read this year, check out my Goodreads profile here
What were your favorite books this year?
Favorite reads of 2022, in no particular order:
- The Wisdom of Your Body by Hilary McBride
- Under the Whispering Door by T.J. Klune
- God is a Black Woman by Christena Cleveland
- Al the White Friends I Couldn’t Keep by Andre Henry
- The Enneagram for Black Liberation by Chichi Agorom
- Grace Can Lead Us Home by Kevin Nye
- The Guncle by Steven Rowley
- This Here Flesh by Cole Arthur Riley
- Attached to God by Krispin Mayfield
- Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson
- The Sentence by Louise Erdrich
- My Body is Not a Prayer Request by Amy Kenny
Leave a Reply